Saturday, February 28, 2009

Reflections on Paris

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Paris. We packed a lot into nine days: Paris staples (like the Eiffel Tower), tons of museums, Versailles, the list goes on. Our group of 13 also grew closer as we explored and experienced the city. We came back to Ambialet more tight-knit and united.

It is still sometimes hard for me to believe that France has been my home for almost two months now. Paris, with its familiar landmarks, really drove that point home. Our time here is really flying by, and it almost scares me, because I want to savor everything, to soak it all in and just enjoy it, but sometimes it just falls through my hands, into cracks, never to be seen again.

I think the fast pace of city life has something to do with that. We were always doing something in Paris, walking from one place to another, moving from one activity to another, taking the metro and making transfers, so it was semi-overwhelming. When the end of our trip rolled around, I was definitely ready to leave and return to the nice, slow pace of life here in Ambialet. Being sick probably had something to do with that, too. I wanted sleep and rest, but being in Paris, you always felt like you had to be out in the city, experiencing all it had to offer; staying in wasn't an option.

I'm looking forward to our next trip--there should be warmer weather and hopefully we'll all be healthy for the whole of the trip. I felt like such a nuisance, walking around Paris, blowing my nose every five minutes, haha. Thankfully I'm finally feeling better now, though! :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an awesome time, when do you go back again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete