Monday, February 9, 2009

One month!

It was a month ago today that we were just arriving in France… I can’t believe that it’s the second week of February already! This first month here absolutely flew by. It’s ironic because the days here seem longer and move at a much slower pace than life back in the US, but taken all together, they accumulate quickly and you realize just how much time has passed.

Already I can tell what kind of habits I will be taking back home with me. Tea, fresh bread, nutella, and a host of other things have become a daily staple. I think we are going to learn how to make crepes in our cooking class, so I will definitely pay close attention that day. I have filled quite a few pages in my notebook with recipes to try at home…hopefully the food will turn out just as good there as it did here.

In other news, we leave for Paris on Wednesday! We’ll be spending nine days there and I absolutely cannot wait. :)

3 comments:

  1. Would love to try recipes on making crepes and be sure to learn how to make them; so we can taste them when you get back home.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love crepes, there is a place called Paris crepery near me, but I am sure they will taste better in Paris.

    --julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better be taking notes in Paris! You'll be my tour guide in May!!!

    ReplyDelete