Sunday, January 11, 2009

Exploring Ambialet

On Saturday, a group of us ventured into the village and did some exploring.


This is the dam in Ambialet.


I love how in this picture, it is near impossible to tell where the cliff ends and where the building begins. You don't see things like this back home, that is for sure.


I'm not quite sure what this building is, but I love the colors and design of it.


Another view of the beautiful architecture.


There is a cross on top of that cliff that we will hike to eventually.


These are fortress ruins that we hiked to--at the beginning of the hike, we were all bundled up in our winter coats, hats, and scarves, but by the end, we were all carrying our winter gear. It was quite a workout.


A view of the ruins from down below. It may not look very high up, but trust me when I say it was not easy to get up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment